Monday 24 August 2015

Honduras: Day 4 - Sights and Sounds!

As we traveled the fifty kilometers through the Honduran countryside, I wondered what the day would bring.  Just like the three previous days, I saw the uncertainty in the children's beautiful faces until "Hola" was spoken, and they lit up with bright smiles.   I heard their laughter, and saw how lovingly they had been prepared for this day.


But nothing could have prepared me for the three homes of former bedkit recipients that we visited.  I saw trash littering small yards and emaciated dogs laying in the dust.  I walked on uneven dirt floors in homes with no running water or electricity.   I saw a room no bigger than a closet where a grandmother and her three grandchildren slept.





I witnessed extreme poverty, but in my shock I saw the love between the women and children, I felt the hugs of three little girls, and I saw the beauty and resiliency of the Honduran people.




Rosanne Waugh for Team Honduras 2015
Post your comments here: