Sunday 1 March 2015

Mumbai: Opportunity of a Lifetime!

Having an opportunity of a lifetime to be traveling to India with my daughter and Mom handing out bedkits to children who are less fortunate. Today we were at a school just outside Mumbai where we handed out 400 bedkits. My mom and I interviewed parents of 7 children who were to receive the bedkits. Not one of these families had a bed in their house or a mosquito net . To hear how grateful they were for not only the bedkit but for the fact that we would travel half half way around the world to do this work was extremely humbling. Mom asked them what was their dream for their children and all dreamed that their children could go to University so they could end the cycle of poverty. But all knew that it would never happen as they couldn't afford it. If I had the money in my pocket I would have given them enough right then. It was very sad to see they had hopes and dreams that most likely would never be fulfilled. They did say that they were inspired by us and that has given them a lot of hope.  This trip has been a real eye opener to see how far India has come but just how far they have left to go to enable their people to realize their dreams. The lasting reward for me is to see a 87 year old lady who can barely see come alive like a 60 year old.






Kirk. A true believer from Team Mumbai 2015
Post your comments here: