Sunday 7 February 2010

Mumbai: Day Two

India is a country of contrasts. I woke up to the noise of the air conditioner muffling the mosque's call to prayer, the crows cawing, and the start of the traffic. I opened the balcony door and looked on to a city waking up. Two men that slept on the sidewalk were rolling up their piece of cloth. Others were washing their yellow and black taxis. Children were yelling in the park with no grass but a dirt playground. I was hit with the difference between this and my home in Canada.

From this experience I realize many people sleep on the ground and know that the children we will give the bedkits to will sleep better. I am anxious to get started tomorrow.

I thank the people of Canada who have contributed to these bedkits.

Joyce Poth
for Team Mumbai 2010


Post your comments here