Tuesday 11 February 2020

Belgaum 2020: What I see through the lens

To date I have taken pictures of 3,200 children. I see sweet little girls with shining hair and decorations of fresh flowers. Little boys with big eyes, apprehensive of what is going on.  Beautiful girls with shy smiles who carefully arrange their pretty new dresses.  I see the little boy with an extra finger and the child whose parent must carry them to the chair before the camera.



Today I saw two little boys who stuck very close together and held hands. One boy was blind and his friend gently led him to his seat and explained what was happening around him. Unlike the others who raced off to join the line they walked carefully.


Some of the children showed fierce determination not to let go of their bag when volunteers tried to help them place them out of sight.

I see children who are well loved. They can give you a beautiful smile and often a namaste greeting when the ordeal of taking the picture is done.



I see beautiful children who are very surprised and thankful for the generous gift they have been given.

Sandy Riches
Team Belgaum 2020

Post a comment