Sunday 2 February 2020

Chennai, 2020, Day 8: Wonderful Volunteers Make Distributions a Treat

Wow! It is hard to believe that tomorrow is our last distribution. It only seems like yesterday that we arrived.


Today the teams separated into 2 separate distributions. I headed up the second team that travelled two hours outside of Chennai. We were a group of four who would distribute over 500 bedkits to some very deserving children.





We had a passionate group of Rotarians who travelled with us today. I cannot put into words how truly amazing these gentleman are to work with and the passion they have for this project.


As I sat behind the camera today I saw something that I will never forget; the eyes of children that will touch your heart. From tall to short, each one had a smile from ear to ear. Each of them said "thank you."





We had a great group of volunteers that were truly engaged in helping. It made my heart melt as I saw young boys carefully pick up children who could not walk and carry them to pick up their bedkits.


We had two children join us in the van on our way back home. These 2 children and their families welcomed us into their homes to learn more about them and show us how happy they were with so little.







We stopped for lunch at a Rotarian sponsored Medical Centre. We toured the facility and I cannot believe how many people are assisted. They do so much to improve the lives of others. It was a truly fulfilling day.



Cheryl Warner
Team Chennai, 2020

Post Your Comments Here: